- Chapter 1: A View From Within
- Chapter 2: Fringe and Fanaticism – Abusive Churches Can Go Over The Edge
- Chapter 3: Abusive Churches Are Not New
- Chapter 4: Abusive Churches Misuse Spiritual Authority
- Chapter 5: Abusive Churches Use Fear, Guilt, and Threats
- Chapter 6: Abusive Churches See Themselves As Special
- Chapter 7: Abusive Churches Foster Rigidity
- Chapter 8: Abusive Churches Discourage Questions
- Chapter 9: Abusive churches make leaving painful
- Chapter 10: Abusive Churches Present A Warning
- Chapter 11: Abusive Churches Will Always Exist
- Churches That Abuse: Introduction
- Notice & Disclaimer
- Contents / Audio Version
- Publishers Information
- Preface & Acknowledgements
Churches That Abuse
Copyright © 1992 by Ronald M. Enroth
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Zondervan Publishing House
Academic and Professional Books
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49530
Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
Enroth, Ronald M.
Churches that abuse / Ronald Enroth.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. Control (Psychology)-Religious aspects-Christianity-Case studies. 2. Authoritarianism-Case studies. I. Title.
– Article continues below ad –
All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise noted, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE: NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION (North American Edition). Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, by the International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Bible Publishers.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means-electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording, or any otherexcept for brief quotations in printed reviews, without the prior permission of the publisher.
International Trade Paper Edition ISBN 0-310-53299-X
Edited by Leonard G. Goss
Cover designed by The Aslan Group
Printed in the United States of America
92 93 94 95 96 97 / D H / 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
This edition is printed on acid-free paper and meets the American National Standards Institute Z39.48 standard.
To Ruth-Anne wife, mother, friend