The Great Trinity Debate
“Burke is defending the “Biblical Unitarian” position, while I am defending the Trinitarian position,” Bowman writes. “The debate will be continuing for five more weeks, with each of us posting a new statement each week.”
The debate takes place on the Parchment and Pen theology blog.
Online apologetics conference focuses on ministering through the arts
Athanatos Christian Ministries is hosting its first annual apologetics conference May 7th- 8th, 2010. The conference will cast a vision for promoting Christianity through the arts, and literature in particular.
The conference is unique because it will be held entirely online, allowing anyone from around the world to attend and participate.
Presenters at the conference include apologist Rob Bowman Jr, Dr. Corey Olsen (otherwise known at ‘The Tolkien Professor’) and intelligent design advocate Dr. Angus Menuge. Topics range from arguments for using the arts to advance the Kingdom of God to narrower issues such as the nature of ‘myth’ and the ‘new literature’ of film and television.– Advertisement –
Anthony Horvath, the Executive Director of ACM, will be discussing “literary anti-apologetics” and how stories such as Dan Brown’s “The Da Vinci Code” and Philip Pullman’s “His Dark Materials” series serve up objections to Christianity through the guise of fiction.
– Source: Apologetics conference in May focuses on ministering through the arts, Church Executive, Apr. 19, 2010
Apologetics in the House Church Setting
In this podcast, Jim records a portion of a weekly apologetics house church meeting in an effort to help people understand how apologetics can be taught and embraced by the local church community. Utilizing two PCM listener emails (related to Catholicism and Bible “contradictions”), members of the church engage and examine what they believe. This “eavesdropping” session may give you a better idea of what an apologetics based house church sounds like!
– Source: Apologetics in the house church settings, PleaseConvinceMe Apologetics Radio
About Ai’s Apologetics Roundup
- Material posted above is excerpted. Read the full items at the links provided.
- As in other articles posted throughout Apologetics Index, (almost all) links to relevant research resources are inserted by Ai.
- If you quote anything from this page, make sure your cite the right source.
In some cases, we use “inline quotes, which look like this.”
Note: Text that looks like this, with a blue bar to the left, is quoted material from the source indicated and the article linked to.
- The publishers of Apologetics Index do not necessarily agree with each and every source quoted. Links do not necessarily indicate endorsement. And so on.
- If you’d like to suggest a resource for inclusion in Ai’s Apologetics Roundup, please do so.
– Collected and posted by Anton Hein