- Organization: Ligonier Ministries
- Christian reformed, evangelical, non-profit organization
- Founder and Chairman: R.C. Sproul
- Statement of faith
Ligonier Ministries is a Christian ministry founded and headed by R.C. Sproul.
The ministry is named after the Ligonier Valley just outside of Pittsburgh, where Sproul founded it as a study center for college and seminary students.
Since the beginning, our primary service to the church was to bridge the gap between Sunday school and seminary. Our commitment over the decades has never changed: to faithfully present the unvarnished truth of Scripture and help people grow in their knowledge of God and His holiness.
– Source: Welcome to Ligonier Ministries Last accessed Feb. 19, 2010
Under the header, Our Mission, Passion, And Purpose, the ministry writes:
Ligonier Ministries is an international Christian education organization founded by theologian Dr. R.C. Sproul in 1971 to equip Christians to articulate what they believe and why they believe it. Proclaiming God’s holiness is central to our purpose.
To this end, we produce the Renewing Your Mind radio broadcasts, The Reformation Study Bible (ESV) , Tabletalk devotional magazine, new titles by Dr. Sproul and other contemporary authors and theologians through the Reformation Trust Publishing imprint, numerous teaching series, sacred music, national and regional conferences, and an extensive catalog with more than 3,000 unique resources.
- Ligonier Ministries listing at MinistryWatch.com “MinistryWatch.com profiles Public Charities, church and parachurch ministries. It is also a place to learn about how to be a responsible giver.” [source] Among other things, the listing includes organizational details, financial information, comments from an analyst, and a section on what supporters and critics might say.
- Ligonier Ministries Official website
Related topic(s): Ligonier Ministries, RC Sproul, Reformation Study Bible, Reformation Trust Publishing, Renewing Your Mind, Tabletalk
First published (or major update) on Thursday, February 18, 2010.
Last updated on March 01, 2010. Original content is © Copyright Apologetics Index. All Rights Reserved. For usage guidelines see link at the bottom.