PAGES IN THIS ENTRY:
Catholics and Protestants differ greatly in their views regarding Mary.
– Article continues below ad –
Some of the unbiblical teachings relating to the Mary of Catholic Tradition include the following:
- Mary’s immaculate conception: This doctrine teaches that she was born without original sin and was, therefore, sinless throughout her life.
- Mary’s perpetual virginity: This dogma asserts that she had no children after Jesus.
- Mary’s bodily assumption or physical ascension into heaven: This teaches that because of her sinlessness, Mary never experienced physical death. Instead she was raised bodily into the presence of Christ.
- Mary’s role as Co-redemptrix and Mediatrix of all grace: This doctrine holds that the obedience and sufferings of Mary were essential to secure the full redemption brought by Christ.
- Mary’s right to veneration and/or worship: This teaching argues that because of her unparalleled role in the economy of salvation, Mary is worthy of special adoration.
Note: This is a partial entry. This topic is yet to be expanded to include a variety of research resources.