- Recovering From Churches That Abuse -- Online Book
- Recovering From Churches That Abuse -- Notice & Disclaimer
- Recovering From Churches That Abuse -- Contents
- Recovering From Churches That Abuse - Preface & Acknowledgments
- Chapter 1: Searching for Freedom
- Chapter 2: Is There Light At the End of the Tunnel?
- Chapter 3: I'd Like to Really Live, Not Just Survive
- Chapter 4: Grace to People Who Know They Need It
- Chapter 5: "Next Christmas, We'll Get a Tree"
- Chapter 6: A Broken Bone That Heals Is Stronger
- Chapter 7: God Took Time to Visit His Lost Child
- Chapter 8: Grace Is the Best Thing in the World
- Epilogue: Can Churches Change?
- Appendix: Issues in Recovery
Recovering From Churches That Abuse
Important Notice / Disclaimer
Recovering From Churches That Abuse was published in August, 1994 — fifteen years ago at the time of this writing.
Several of the groups, churches and movements Dr. Ronald Enroth describes in Recovering From Churches That Abuse no longer exist. Others have changed their teachings and/or practices. Where names are named we urge the reader to investigate the current status of these groups, churches and movements. Our approach at Apologetics Index has always been to encourage independent research.
This is the ongoing strength of the book.
If you have not already done so, we encourage you to read Churches That Abuse as well. It addresses characteristics of abusive churches in a way that can help readers identify problems within their own groups, or in those groups attended by friends of family members.
If in reading this material you believe you may need help — for yourself or for a loved-one — please don’t hesitate to contact us. In most cases we are able to put you in touch with someone close to where you live.
Organizations, Ministries and Individuals recommended by Apologetics Index (not an exhaustive list).
The text of this book as posted here is faithfully reproduced from a scanned copy. We have applied a minimal amount of formatting to faciliate online reading. For instance, we have added blank lines between paragraphs. We have elected not to include page numbers. Notes originally published in the back of the book have in this online version been added at the end of each chapter.