Theologically, the Watchtower Society/Jehovah’s Witnesses is a cult of Christianity — meaning that it deviates from Christianity’s essential doctrines to such an extend that, despite the organization’s claims, it falls outside the boundaries of the Christian faith.
- On JW teachings regarding blood
- Blood: Watchtower Flip-Flops on Blood Fractions 4 Times [contra] While it claims to represent God on earth, the Watchtower Society — the organization behind Jehovah’s Witnesses — has flip-flopped its teachings regarding blood. Documented here with quotes from the organization’s own publications. See also the Jensen Letter
- Jehovah’s Witnesses and Blood Transfusions [contra] Christian Medical Fellowship. Demonstrates that the Jehovah’s Witnesses teaching on blood are biblically indefensible
- New Light on Blood [contra the Watchtower Society’s blood policies, but from the perspective of Jehovah’s Witnesses] by The Associated Jehovah’s Witnesses for Reform on Blood (AJWRB). From time to time the Watchtower Society comes up with changes to its doctrines, adjustments that followers are led to believe is “New Light” provided by God.
- Watchtower Society’s blood policy made simple [contra]
To many observers, it appears the Watchtower Society’s blood policy is almost intentionally ambiguous. This page attempts to clearly and simply explain the reality behing the ‘spin.’
- Why some Jehovah’s Witnesses accept blood and conscientiously reject official Watchtower Society blood policy by Lee Elder, The Associated Jehovah’s Witnesses for Reform on Blood (AJWRB), Journal of Medical Ethics 2000;26:375–380
Note that those involved in AJWRB are still Jehovah’s Witneses, even though they challenge the Watchtower on its teachings and edicts regarding blood.
In 1945 the Watchtower Society — the legal organization behind Jehovah’s Witnesses — banned its members from accepting any form of blood, whether it be whole or fractional. Since then the organization — which claims to be God’s visible representative on earth — has issued different, often contradictory teachings and edicts on the issue.
- The Spanking Room: A Child’s Eye View of the Jehovah Witnesses
The Spanking Room is the true story of a young boy’s upbringing, and how the unorthodox doctrines of the Watchtower Society encourage violence against its most helpless members–the children.
- Ex-Jehovah’s Witness Forum and Recovery Site Support, Friends, and Information Forum for Ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses.
- Watchtower Search Collection of customized search engines for information about Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Watchtower Society.
- Additional resources in our older entry on Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Theocratic Library of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society and Splinter Groups The person who posted these old books, in PDF format, noted: “Not all the books are published by the WTS Society, but all are Watchtower related. Some were published by former members of the Society during the schism of 1917.” This collection of books may be a use to those who are doing in-depth research into the history of the Watch Tower Society.