PAGES IN THIS ENTRY:
- Apologetics Index 2005 Year-End Newsletter
- Online Ministry
- Offline Ministry
- Personal prayer & Praise Requests
Time spent in prayer will yield more than that given to work. Prayer alone gives work its worth and its success. Prayer opens the way for God Himself to do His work in us and through us. Let our chief work as God’s messengers be intercession; in it we secure the presence and power of God to go with us.
– Andrew Murray
- Janet and I are thankful for a tremendous year full of blessings:
- We have seen many people come to know Jesus Christ as their personal savior.
- We have been able to help a number of people leave destructive cults or abusive churches. In addition we have heard from many people whose loved-ones decided either to leave certain cults or not to join in the first place, based on research found in or via Apologetics Index and its related web sites.
- A relatively small number of American Christians and non-Christians are not happy with the fact that we speak out regarding – in particular – America’s human rights violations at home and abroad – including waging an illegal war, the promotion and use of torture, a severely flawed justice system that results in many wrongful convictions, and various other violations of international laws and conventions. We reject the cult-like notion that America and its leaders are somehow beyond criticism. Instead, as Dutch/British citizens and as Christians we believe we have not only the right but also an obligation to address such issues. We are thankful that, as a result, we have been able to minister to many people who normally want little or nothing to do with Christians or Christianity.
- Please pray for those who visit and use Apologetics Index and its related sites. Our desire is to equip Christians, and share the love, grace and mercy of God with those who do not yet know Him.
- Online ministries like ours consist of lots of ‘planting’ and ‘watering.’ Pray that the seed will fall into good soil.
- Both online and offline we are involved in many one-time and ongoing discussions and ministry situations. Pray that the Lord continues to give us wisdom and insight.
- We both have medical conditions that regularly zap our energy, leaving us drained and unable to function well. Please keep us in prayer:
- Earlier this year Janet’s health took a turn for the worst. She spent much of the summer on sick leave, and has only recently returned to work for 2 x 3 hours/week. Treatment for her Fibromyalgia condition is not helping much. We are prayerfully evaluating our options, fully trusting God for his guidance.
- It appears that Anton’s health has dramatically improved since March this year. Symptoms of his Chronic Fatigue and Immune Deficiency Syndrome have decreased by an estimated 50%.
- We have been under attack from a person whom we consider to be unstable and unethical. Angered at our refusal to get involved in his fights with other people he disagrees with, this angry person lashes out with ad-hominem attacks, lies, distortions, and insinuations.
- Our offline ministry, which takes place under the banner of our House Church, has greatly expanded this year. We thank God for the fact that we are able to do this work despite our respective health limitations.
- Please pray for the vision God has given us regarding the expansion of our offline ministry. We need discernment and wisdom in how to move forward on this.
- Keep Ian Reilly’s one-on-one evangelism ministry in mind. Pray that he may continue to see the fruit of his work.
- We receive a high volume of email, often more than we can possibly answer. Please pray that we will be able to answer as many messages as possible and that we will have the wisdom and insight to give priority to those that are most urgent.