Most people who are familiar with our websites don't know much, if anything, about our offline ministry.
Our offline ministry includes:
- providing counseling and practical help to people in need,
- teaching fellow-Christians to understand and apply God's grace and mercy - gifts that set Christians free from legalism, and instead allow us to become expressions of Jesus who lives in and through us (see Galatians 2:20),
- providing a research and training library of Christian books and other resources,
- providing hospitality to Christians who need a time-out, as well as to Christians visiting Amsterdam, and
- leading a House Church.
We're also involved in helping a number of asylum seekers, and provide a place of fellowship to expats from various countries.
For practical reasons (e.g. to many people, 'Apologetics Index' sounds like a spelling bee challenge) these activities all take place under the name of "Bethlehem House Church." The house church consists of a small group of people that meets at our home.
Janet is a licensed mental health worker. In addition to her job, with an organization that provides shelters and other help to abused women, Janet also provides professional counseling services at our home-based office.
Join us at Google+
Our Comments PolicyNote:
- We favor well-reasoned, constructive comments.
- This is not a discussion- or debate forum.
- Keep comments brief and to the point
- lengthy comments (more than a few lines) should be posted on your own site, a forum, or perhaps Google+. You are welcome to post a link to your comments.
To post your comment, you can log in with your WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ account.Note: All comments are moderated.
More Apologetics & Countercult Research?
Select a topic from our A-Z Index
See our home page
for the latest updates and additions to the site
Or use our Google-powered search engine:
This post was last updated: Aug. 24, 2009