PAGES IN THIS ENTRY:
- Apologetics Index 2005 Year-End Newsletter
- Online Ministry
- Offline Ministry
- Personal prayer & Praise Requests
Most people who are familiar with our websites don’t know much, if anything, about our offline ministry.
Our offline ministry includes:
- providing counseling and practical help to people in need,
- teaching fellow-Christians to understand and apply God’s grace and mercy – gifts that set Christians free from legalism, and instead allow us to become expressions of Jesus who lives in and through us (see Galatians 2:20),
- providing a research and training library of Christian books and other resources,
- providing hospitality to Christians who need a time-out, as well as to Christians visiting Amsterdam, and
- leading a House Church.
We’re also involved in helping a number of asylum seekers, and provide a place of fellowship to expats from various countries.
For practical reasons (e.g. to many people, ‘Apologetics Index’ sounds like a spelling bee challenge) these activities all take place under the name of “Bethlehem House Church.” The house church consists of a small group of people that meets at our home.
Janet is a licensed mental health worker. In addition to her job, with an organization that provides shelters and other help to abused women, Janet also provides professional counseling services at our home-based office.