A-Z Topical Index
How To Use
Suggest a Link
Report Broken Link
- One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
- One inclined to skepticism in religious matters.
- often Skeptic An adherent of a school of skepticism.
- Skeptic A member of an ancient Greek school of skepticism, especially that of Pyrrho of Elis (360?–272? B.C.).
[Latin Scepticus, disciple of Pyrrho of Elis, from Greek Skeptikos, from skeptesthai, to examine.]
- Source: The American Heritage Dictionaries
Join us at Google+